Give me a hot, sunny day and I’ll give you a rich, creamy dessert to beat the unbearable heat. This Pistachio Protein Ice Cream packs a wallop of sweet, nutty flavor in each scrumptious spoonful. Loaded with organic pistachios, protein powder and Greek yogurt, this dessert will satisfy anyone’s sweet tooth.
Yields five ½-cup servings
Macros per serving: 208 calories | 12 g protein | 20.6 g net carbs
½ cup Vitacost Organic Pistachios, shelled, plus extra for garnish
4 Tbsp. Nutiva Vanilla Hemp Protein Powder
10 oz. sugar-free, fat-free Instant Pistachio Pudding
2 cups fat-free half and half
6 oz. Fage 0% Plain Greek Yogurt
- In a high-speed blender, add all ingredients except yogurt and blend until creamy.
- In a 9” x 13” pan, combine pistachio mixture and yogurt. Mix until well combined.
- Place pan in freezer for 30-45 minutes.
- Remove and stir, repeating this process three or four times until you reach desired consistency.
- For serving, scoop a ½-cup portion and top with extra pistachios.