Looking for something a little different to dip your chip in? Roasted chickpeas are the cool kids at the pool now. They’re just as crispy, just as salty (if you like ‘em that way) and just as flavorful. This recipe kicks it up a notch with fiery spices that may remind you of a certain Mexican-inspired platter. So be careful where you put down your bowl, because these chickpeas are “nachos” for long!
Roasted Nacho Chickpea Recipe
Makes 5 servings
2 cans (15 oz.) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
3 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. onion powder
Sea salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix chickpeas with oil and spices until coated.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, spread out chickpeas evenly.
- Bake 30-40 minutes, or until crispy. Shake pan a few times during cooking to ensure an even roast.
- Serve immediately and snack away!