It seems taking #selfies has become the new pastime for people young and old of late. Capturing that perfect #selfie may require more than just the right camera angle these days however. If that crooked nose or drooping eyelid appears more pronounced through the camera lens, some people are resorting to plastic surgery for a self-ix. It isn’t just the “older” crowd going in for a nip tuck these days. Guys and gals under 30 are turning to cosmetic surgery to enhance their appearance and correct imperfections.
A recent study from The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery reveals an increased demand for cosmetic surgery and injectables, such as Botox, in people under the age of 30. What are the most popular requested procedures you ask?
Five popular surgical and non-surgical procedures people may turn to for perfect selfie moments:
- Botox or Dysport. Botox and Dsyport are among the most popular injectables on the market and can be very effective for erasing the appearance of wrinkles and lines.
- Dermal Fillers. From lip augmentation procedures to enhancing the cheeks, dermal fillers can help to maintain a youthful look.
- Chemical Peels. An uneven complexion, rough skin texture, and blemishes can be treated with chemical peels.
- Eyelid Lift. This procedure helps create a refreshed and rejuvenated appearance.
- Liposuction. Excess fat around the jawline, upper arms, or around the hips is typically enhanced in a candid photo. Patients who want a more streamlined look can turn to liposuction of the face or body to achieve a more attractive contour.
Dr. Sofer, double board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and the American Board of Surgery, is one such doctor who performs these procedures to feed this growing trend. He aims for natural results for his patients.
Even with doctors who take care to make sure their clients get the right results for their self-ixes … How far should one go to get the perfect #selfie?