The news follows the successful online charity auction last month, through the SAG Foundation, of the wedding rings worn in The Kids Are All Right by Annette Bening and Julianne Moore in their film roles as a married couple. To raise additional monies for charity all five principal actors from the film have autographed one T-shirt apiece donated by the production; Ms. Bening, Ms. Moore, Mr. Ruffalo, Mia Wasikowska, and Josh Hutcherson all wore the respective T-shirts in-character in the movie. The five items will be posted as separate auctions, and not as a lot. Details on the T-shirts, many of which are prominent in memorable scenes from the movie, are as follows:
- Charcoal-colored Coachella brand graphic T-shirt autographed by Annette Bening
- Forest green-colored Free City T-shirt with orange hummingbird autographed by Julianne Moore
- Gray Calvin Klein T-shirt autographed by Mark Ruffalo
- Gray cotton T-shirt with motorcycle imprint autographed by Mia Wasikowska
- Light blue Ben Sherman T-shirt autographed by Josh Hutcherson
Each year, the entertainment and fashion communities come together for The Clothes Off Our Back Foundation, a 501c3 organization that hosts charity auctions showcasing today’s hottest celebrity attire. Items are put up for bid to the public with proceeds going to benefit children’s charities. Clothes Off Our Back was founded by actors and philanthropists Jane Kaczmarek (Malcolm in the Middle) and Bradley Whitford (The West Wing) whose efforts, along with their celebrity and designer friends, have helped improve the lives of children across the globe. In addition to the five The Kids Are All Right items, Clothes Off Our Back is also currently auctioning celebrity clothing and accessories from the winter awards shows, and more.